The College of Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences (CHASS) emerged through the reorganization/merging of the College of Liberal Arts (CLA) and the College of Mass Communication (CMC), as recommended by the PLM University Council and approved by the Board of Regents on the latter’s special meeting on June 4, 2015. By virtue of the reorganization, the Bachelor of Science in Social Work from the College of Human Development (CHD) and the Master of Arts in Communication Management from the Graduate School of Arts, Science, and Education (GSASE) also became part of CHASS. The merging was also based on the vertical articulation prescribed by the Commission on Higher Education’s Education Reform Agenda.
The college has four (4) departments and one office handling the graduate course:
- Department of Languages and Literature
- Department of Social Sciences and Humanities
- Department of Mass Communication
- Department of Social Work
- Communication Management Graduate School Program
The Departments of Languages and Literature, and Social Sciences and Humanities handle the New General Education Program, following the Department of Education's K-12 Basic Education Curriculum.
The college offers undergraduate and graduate programs:
- Bachelor of Arts in Communication (BAC)
- Bachelor of Arts in Public Relations (BAPR)
- Bachelor of Science in Social Work (BSSW)
- Bachelor of Music in Music Performance (BMMP)
- Master of Arts in Communication Management (MACM)