With the conviction of providing quality education and offering technical manual skills in the field of technology, the College of Engineering of the Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila was established on July 1, 1969 - six years after the late Mayor Antonio F. Villegas founded the university.
Originally under the College of Arts and Letters, the main trust of the college was to provide technical, industrial, vocational education to PLM students alongside the humanistic courses to prepare them for promoting out technology under two divisions, namely - the Division of Engineering and Technology which covered the Department of Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Sanitary, Chemical, Naval and Industrial Engineering and the Division of Technical and Vocational Education which covered the Department of Electronics, Wood Working, Metal Works, Automotive Works, Ceramics, Graphics Arts and Teacher Education in Arts and Trades. Obtaining a degree in this college then, required the student to finish a six-year ladderized program which was later reduced to a five year scheme during the term of former PLM President Consuelo Blanco who felt the imperative need of the engineering graduates to constitute the country's labor pool.
Today, the College of Engineering stands committed to upholding the legacy conceived by Mayor Villegas and the late Mayor Arsenio H. Lacson by providing its present batch of Engineering students with quality education which is responsive to the needs of the time.
It is currently headed by College of Engineering Dean Engr. Juan C. Tallara, Jr.
The College of Engineering will be the premier college in technological education, research and extension services.
Guided by this vision, we commit ourselves to:
- Uphold excellence through curriculum development and teaching, significant advances in knowledge, and services to the community of which we are a part;
- Nurture students with a technological education of the highest quality that will enable them to be professionally competent, community directed and God centered individuals; and
- Develop faculty members and staff to be excellent examples in leadership and management.
Believing in our mission, we earnestly seek to:
- Facilitate the achievement of academic goals by regularly reviewing curricular programs, ensuring that they surpass the standards set by governing bodies.
- Provide a productive environment to facilitate quality research and socially responsive extension service.
- Develop dynamism among administrators, faculty, student and services personnel, embracing diversities that contribute to the growth of the college.
- Strengthen our ties with our alumni and industry partners, helping us establish a distinct place in the industry.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
Program Outcomes (POs)