ADMISSION TO THE COLLEGE OF MEDICINE
The Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila (PLM) College of Medicine is a professional school committed to excellence in community-oriented medical education, training, research, and service. It has consistently achieved a passing rate of 95 to 100% on the Physician Licensure Exam in recent years. In 2022, the Professional Regulation Commission named the PLM College of Medicine as the second-best performing institution in the licensure examination for that year.
The PLM College of Medicine accepts applicants for its degree program in Doctor of Medicine on an annual basis. For AY 2024-2025, the application and submissions of requirements is on November 13, 2023 - January 31, 2024. The College Committee on Admissions will select the highest-ranking applicants based on the admissions criteria.
WHO MAY APPLY
Anyone who meets the following qualifications and possesses the desire to serve may apply:
- A natural-born Filipino citizen;
- Complied with all academic preparations;
- With NMAT score of 45 or higher taken within 2 years prior to application deadline;
- No record of dropping from any medical school;
- No record of denied admission in PLM College of Medicine;
- No record of conviction of crime involving moral turpitude; and
- Must have no failing grade in any subject.
Lateral entrees from other medical schools will not be entertained.
Successful applicants are expected to perform excellently and hurdle the rigors in their studies at PLM.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
Applicants must complete the following steps to be eligible for ranking. To apply, interested parties are to proceed to the PLM College of Medicine office. Online applications are no longer entertained to provide immediate feedback on the status of the requirements submitted.
Steps in applying for the PLM College of Medicine:
- Completely accomplish the application form that includes applicant’s complete name (as shown in birth certificate and school records), present address, mobile number, email address and other details pertinent about the applicant’s background.
- Submit the following documents:
a. Birth certificate
b. Official National Medical Aptitude Test (NMAT) result
c. Official Transcript of Records (for undergraduates: Certification of Grades reflecting all grades up to the 1st semester of the current school year).
d. Certificate of General Weighted Average from the Registrar/College (for undergraduates: GWA of subjects taken up to the 1st semester of the current school year).
e. Voter's Certification of Registration with voting history (FOR MANILANS ONLY)
f. Both parents' latest ITR/Certification of Employment/Copy of Contract
3. After being assessed as qualified applicants, the applicants are to pay the application fee of P3,500.00 as either over-the-counter deposit to the LANDBANK or through online money transfer at the LBP LinkBiz Portal at https://www.lbp-eservices.com/egps/portal/Merchants.jsp under the following account details:
Account name: Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila
Account number: LBP–2472 1006 56
The proof of deposit (original and photocopy) is to be submitted to the PLM College of Medicine.
For more info, you may contact the College of Medicine:
Email address: email@example.com